If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Wise Man Builds His House Upon a Rock

I'm really beginning to understand why missionaries say they don't want to go home when their missions are ending! I've only been out like for 2 months but it's so fun and I love it! haha I really don't want to go back home to the world...I like not knowing what's going on in the world and just focusing on preaching the gospel and serving the Lord..

My companion Sister Menlove said something really inspiring to me the other day. She's going to write herself a letter to open up after she gets home from her mission! She's a genius and I'm so happy we're companions (: I decided to do that too! Except write one to open up every 6 months so I can keep reminding myself of the missionary I want to be and what I expect of myself:
6 month mark.
1 year mark.
Last day of my mission.
And a month after I get home.

I raked leaves for the first time in my LIFE last week....we don't have trees in Arizona....but it was fun, I like doing service and helping out everyone I can. Mosiah 2:17

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I'm doing right now in my life. I'm serving a mission...I'm a missionary! If I didn't make the choice to serve a mission, I wouldn't have met all these people that I love and care for so much! I've only been on my mission for 2 months...I can't even imagine getting to the end of my mission and seeing all the people I've met and loved. It's such an overwhelming feeling of happiness that I can't even contain!

We went to Philly yesterday. Ran up the Rocky steps....with a SKIRT on!! #GoSisterMissionaries
Saw the "love" statue and saw the Philadelphia Temple site!! It's being built (: It'll be finished around the middle/end of 2016.
We went and talked to the guy in the visitor trailer that's right next to the temple site and he shared something pretty powerful that I would like to share. He gave us each a piece of granite and then shared this story:
The Philadelphia temple's parking is all underground, so they had to dig 30 feet down to allow for that. About half way down they ran into solid layers of granite. So they had to chip the granite it out for the rest of their way down. So literally the new Philadelphia temple is being built on a rock!! He says the granite goes down for hundreds of more feet, and that the granite only is in the spot of where the soon to be Temple is being built. How amazing is that? He then related the little piece of granite he gave each of us to remind us to build our lives on the rock of Christ. Matthew 7:24-27
It's important to remember to be constantly checking who and what our foundation is because if it's not our rock, our Savior Jesus Christ, then we will fall.

We had a miracle happen to us Saturday!
Okay so we had an appointment at the library but it was in like 30 minutes and we were trying to figure out what we could do before then. We were stopping by some less-actives in that area and we had one more that we were going to do but it was out of the way so we weren't going to go. But we were like we're here we might as well go. So we did. We get to the house and a girl walks out and we're like "Oh hey!" haha we started talking and it turns out she was looking for Mormon missionaries so she told us how happy she was to see us! Her co-worker tells her all the time about Mormons and so she wanted to learn more! Haha well we can help you with that! So we went inside and taught her MOR (first lesson, the message of the restoration of the gospel) And she started to cry! We gave her a Book of Mormon to read and we asked her what her thoughts were, and she's like "Well the first thing I'm doing when you guys leave is going out and getting me this book" we all laughed!! haha and told her to keep the one we handed her. So first off we weren't even going to go over there but we decided to just go do it. Second off...she doesn't even live there!! She is house-sitting for the family we were going to stop by and was only going to be there for 2 more days!! Like seriously? We were totally meant to find her that day. We usually don't go in that part of our area because it's far away and we have limited miles on our car, but we went Saturday And we have a long list of names to go stop by and literally NO ONE answered the door or was home...we were in that area just for her. I know it.

Keep all the people and the missionaries who are serving in Philippines in your prayers!

love sister manson


moosey moose

my companion is ironing me!! hahaha


body of christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment