If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Thursday, January 23, 2014

Boots with the Fur

I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED!!!!!!!!!! I find out tomorrow where my new area will be and who my new companion will be! ahhh talk about nervous/excitment.
So next week I will let you all know where I am and what I'm doing haha.
This past week has been SO CRAZY. Like....for real..craaaaaaaaaaaay.
Alright..lets begin haha.
Wednesday was the worst day ever...every single one of our plans fell through..So we were scrambling the whole morning and afternoon trying to figure out what we should do for the day. But the evening went so well. We were able to see Lauri who is a nonmember and daughter of one of our less actives we have. We met with her and talked about Lazarus and shared how the Lord's timing is perfect. We were getting ready to leave when she shares with us how she was having a really bad day and was praying for help and then we showed up at her door!
Missionary work: #MakingSomeone'sDayOnePersonAtATime (: And we were able to see alot of less actives who we haven't met with in a long time so that was sweet!
I went on exchanges with Sister Haas(our sister training leader in our area) and I learned so much! If I had to pick a missionary to look up to and follow their example it would be her! (: We stopped by a lot of people in her area and the people we were looking for weren't always there, but there was always someone who wanted us to come back! We spent a total of like 4 hours doing this over the 2 day period and we found 7 new investigators who wanted to learn more!!!
I learned to not hesitate to bear testimony on the door step and talk about how much my Savior and this gospel has blessed my life. Always try to give the people you meet an opportunity to feel the Spirit by teaching them a simple gospel principle.
Cool story real quick. We exchanged back at a TacoBell/KFC place and this worker came up to us and noticed our nametags and talked about how much he loved Jesus Christ! I was like us too! hahah He told us about how he grew up in Africa and how important being christian is to him. I told him I was PROUD to wear Jesus Christ's name on my chest everyday. He was so nice and humble. He wants to meet with the missionaries! #Hollahhhh

Two of our investigators have baptism dates!!!! One in February and one in March!! So sweet!! I'm sad I can't be here to see it happen...but I''m excited for them and being able to see and help them progress and understand!
We ran into Lena (the lady we met in the bathroom weeks ago...hahah) in a bakery! #RightPlaceRightTime she was so happy to see us(:
Yesterday was crazy. It snowed all day! We weren't allowed to use our car so we staying inside all day...so that was lame...but we were able to go see Meagan and her friend Lena and it was so sweet!! We had dinner at Laura's house and she was so nice she picked us up and dropped us off at meagan's house! #ThanksLaura
I was so happy to get out of the house, because I was so bored....I didn't like having all the freetime! I like to go go go....do missionary work(:
We were planning to just walk home afterwards but meagan was so nice too and drove us home! I was so happy we got to see them last night. It was needed! We texted her that morning and she said she was having an awful day! So we took that as an invitation to come on over and talk (: hahahah which we did.
I love Meagan and Lena so much! Lena is so funny we were talking and laughing and then all of a sudden she got really serious and was like "guys...be serious for a minute, I have a question for you" and we're like "okay!"

hahah and she goes and explains how she went upstairs and was just having a really bad day and usually when she has a bad day she cuts herself...but this time was different. She was going to...but then she said she felt like she shouldn't, so she didn't! And she asks what was that? why did I do that?

And we explained to her that that was the Spirit!! That was such a cool experience she shared with us. She felt the Spirit for the first time and totally realized it! Just didn't know what to call it. Both her and Meagan have really opened up to us a ton since we've been seeing them for the last few weeks. They have both been through a lot and I love being able to share the gospel and my testimony to them because I know how happy it will make them.

It's so sad..a lot of people in the world do not know where to turn for true and lasting happiness. There are things the world tries to make it seem like it will make you happy, but it just creates a numbing effect. The gospel is what brings us TRUE happiness. That's why I'm out here(: helping errybody i meet.

I'm so sad to be leaving and not be able to help and talk to all the people here every week...but sister maughan and handy totally will take good care of them.
Anyways gotta go.
It's been snowing a ton...I'm so cold! I got my boots with the fur on(: all day erryday to keep warm.
love you
love sistermanson


another pic i drew...yay

lauraaaaa <3 eating our homemade icecream....secret ingredient..SNOW!!

my 2nd family!!!
The places <3 i will miss them so much

 francis (:

whiteout!

No comments:

Post a Comment