If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Peter the Great

Sister Menlove is getting transferred :( I'm going to miss her!
Sister Maughan and I are staying here in Moorestown, NJ. So that means I'll be here for Christmas and the New Years! Now we'll be M&M :) haha...
We watched the John Tanner story this week with our recent convert Etta. I've never seen it before and it was amazing! Just learning about how much he did and gave up for this church just blows my mind! It really impressed me and it made me think about how much time and energy am I willing to give to the Lord?

Read these quotes and think about them.

"The Greatest of All, was a Servant to All"

and I decorated my planner with the phase "Service Above Self"

...

We got a referral a couple weeks ago for this man named Bradley. We contacted him and set up an appointment. He is literally the sweetest, most humble man I have ever met. He shared to us of how he felt like something was missing from his life and how he needs to turn his life around. He grew up in the church but stopped going when he was 7. He barely knows anything about The Book of Mormon, and Joseph Smith, not even the Bible really. So it's going to be really neat to teach him all about that and see him come closer to Christ. As he was talking, I kept feeling the Spirit so STRONG. Pretty sure that was the strongest I've ever felt the Spirit on my mission so far. It was so clear and obvious what I needed to do. I felt strongly prompted to invite him to be baptized.That was the first time I ever met him, and I could feel how much Jesus Christ loved him. So I asked him, and his response was pretty funny, he said...."I should!"
so we left him with the commitment to pray and ask for a date in which he would be ready. Ahh it was amazing.

I can't really put into words the feelings i felt and my companions felt....
all i can really say is that.....THE CHURCH IS TRUE.


I've been studying Peter a lot lately and I'm like so in love with him! haha not really, but I just think he's so cool! The type of man/apostle he was. How through Jesus Christ he became more than he ever thought. He was a lowly fisherman. But through following the example of Jesus Christ, he became the great Peter who healed, performed miracles, and taught people about Christ.
I think the book of Acts in the bible is my favorite book. It says that people would bring their sick to the streets just hoping that even Peter's SHADOW would touch them. They were consistently thrown into prison for preaching the gospel and about Jesus Christ, but the second they were released they continued and never ceased to preaching the gospel to everyone. They kept going!

I made it a goal to be DEEPLY COMMITTED to the gospel of Jesus Christ by March 6th 2014. We had stake conference this past week and one of the speakers who talked used this phrase and it really stuck out to me.
It snowed a crap ton yesterday! hahah and I hate it. Well it was exciting at first but now I just want it to go away haha.
have a good week!
love sister manson

our fav pizza place!! 

I love me some Justin Beiber
<3

I love me some Justin Beiber
<3

cute sister pat! she's the best <3

we decorated her little house for xmas :)

i love xmas!!

fun family holiday card hahaha we're freaks.

SNOW!!!

my fav companion (: sister menloveeeee

SNOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment