If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hard Work, Dedication, & Jesus!!

This week was sweet!! Christmas as a missionary is different but still good!
I facetimed my family and it was really fun to see and hear them(:

I've met people here on my mission that it feels like I've known them forever! One of them is the Place family. She just had her baby and I drank some of her breast milk that she kept in the freezer.......hahaha I made it into chocolate milk(; I was not disappointed!! #SorryNotSorry

We met this SWEET inspiring lady the other day. Her name is Stephanie. She raised all 3 of her kids on welfare. One day while talking to a welfare worker, she was told she would never make it, and that she would be on welfare for the rest of her life. She left that office building with a burning desire and hope to prove her wrong. She went back to school and soon got her Associates Degree. Went back and told the same lady "Look. I got my associates degree." Soon she got her Bachelor's Degree and went back and showed the same lady. May 2013 she just got her Master's Degree and is now working on getting her Doctorate!!! Talk about dedication and perseverance...like holy cow right???
Jeez she's incredible. She's working on starting a program to help people who just got out of prison/jail to help them get back on their feet, go back to school and get back up! She said and I quote: "All you need in life is hard work, dedication and Jesus!!!!!" hahahah so true.
ahh i love all these people here in new jersey(: gotta love em!

So last night was super sad.....probably the most I've ever cried on my mission so far. Our investigator's Chuck and Ella's son died Saturday and we went and saw them last night. The scripture Mosiah 18:9 was all I could think about...."willing to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort" We all listened to her cry and tell us what happened. I felt prompted to talk about Brenna and how it was really hard when she died, but my testimony of Jesus Christ and being a member of this church was strengthened from it. I just bore my testimony that I knew they would see their son again. He was born with down syndrome and another rare disease and only lived for 11 days after he was born. So everyone who reads this keep their family in your prayers!

I'm doing good don't worry about me! We're going to Philly today so that will be fun(: have a good week!
oh and anyone who reads this who knows AVEN JONES message her a nasty strongly worded message on facebook to tell her to send me an email because i haven't talked to her for 4 months....hahah so i really need to talk to her(:

thanks!!
love sister manson



fun times being a sister missionary(:

fun times being a sister missionary(:

sister stubbendorff!
she took me running on christmas(: haha she's the best

No comments:

Post a Comment