If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Under My Umbrella, ella, ella, ay, ay, ay...

Yeah..so this past week has been really cold and cloudy and stormy...... #IMissTheSun....

I used an umbrella for the first time in my whole life...do me a favor and go listen to Umbrella by Rihanna right now(: haha...

So the beginning of this week was hard..I definitely was feeling pretty lame about everything. But the end of this week was so awesome and exciting(:

hahaha funny crazy story about WENDY'S! #TheHolyLand
alright..so we were STARVING one night..and drove way out of our way to go eat dinner at a members house..but we get there and realized the whole apartment complex has NO POWER...(there was a really bad ice/snow storm this past week...luckily we never lost power at our place though) so we're like oh...that's probably why she never returned our phone call..ha so we go back and now we're both like extremely starving about ready to go into the woods and kill a squirrel that's how hungry we were. We drove and went and got Wendy's for dinner. hahaha and here's what went down:
we walk in and stand in line and a lady shouts over to us: "I know a Mormon when I see one!"
hahah me and sister Steadman look to see who it is and start talking to her. She grew up Mormon but was not active anymore..and then we ordered our food and the guy in front of us was really happy we were out doing the Lord's work and paid for our dinner! He gave us his contact info and we gave it to the Elders that are also in our area. And then the cashier was asking us about our religion too! and it was just crazy because everyone wanted to talk to us which like never happens.....so that was cool(:


Okay so I had been feeling really lousy like this whole entire last past week..like getting really frustrated that we didn't have any people to teach and I was feeling really useless. (We only had like 1 solid investigator...)

I prayed a lot! like everyday this whole transfer so far...to find a new investigator, and help someone with the gospel.

Late last night....end of week 3....WE FOUND A NEW INVESTIGATOR!!!! #Miracle..literally..like you don't even understand! ahhh.okay.

Crazy how it happened too..we were driving out of a parking lot after a lesson with a less active and it's snowing really hard/fast. we're at a stop sign and Sister Steadman says pointing at the man walking in the snow at night.. "Look! Theres our new investigator!" I look over and I'm like whoa lets go talk to him..so I jump out of the car and run over to him, and I'm like "HEY!!"
and we start talking and he seemed actually super interested into what we had to say and wanted to learn more and we got a return appointment with him for this week(: ahh we were both so happy. when we got in the car we straightaway said a gratitude prayer to thank our heavenly father!!

I come to find out a little bit later when I was talking to Sister Steadman about it..after we stopped freaking out that we had found a new investigator hahaha..she told me so was totally joking that he could be our new investigator and was surprised I got out of the car!! hahaha we're a great team. She's the thinker, I'm the doer!! We work pretty well together(:

This is what I learned: Sometimes you just have to wait.

And be patient and Heavenly Father will totally reward and bless you.
I've learned a lot this transfer about humility..and doing Heavenly Father's will instead of my own..things always work out a lot better when you do His will!

Kelly got baptized Saturday(: good way to end the week!
That morning she was really flustered and told us she had a really bad night/morning..I pulled out my scriptures and read to her comforting scriptures haha and then afterwards me sister Steadman and Kelly all kneeled down together and said a prayer. it was pretty powerful! and a really cool experience. It 's so neat to be able to see how much the gospel truly does change/bless people's lives!

we also are getting our iPADS tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY

ahhh....and BRADLEY is getting baptized March 2!!!!!!!!!!! bummed I can't go....but so happy that its happening for him!

alright(: gotta goooo
love sistermanson







Kelly got baptized! (: she's the best!

sister Steadman's mom sent us her hands.....hahahhhahahhahah
and I'm wearing solid red...(:

GIGANTIC icicle!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment