If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Wednesday, February 5, 2014

sNOw

WE GOT OUR CAR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhh so happy...

Okay first of all........let me just start off by saying how much I hate the snow!!!!!!!

say NO to sNOw.

hahaha K. literally it snowed for like 15+ hours straight yesterday..We got like a foot+ of snow!

I have officially decided I am not living anywhere where it snows..it makes life so inconvenient.

Me and sis Steadman tried getting out to go to the store to buy food...haha we shoveled a little around our car and thought we were good...WRONG. we move forward out from our parking spot..and then our tires start spinning! hahahahha all I could do was laugh..because I'm sure we looked ridiculous trying to get our car out during the big snow storm! We had some nice guys help push our car and we were golden once we got to the main road....I really needed my cereal!!! hahahhaha........no joke.

We visited a member of our ward who was in the hospital....she broke her femur!!! hahaha which makes me think of Frank (: #Skateland........hahahahh..good times mom.

she was cute. she didn't have a book of Mormon with her to read while she was in the hospital..so I just gave her mine so she could read it so she wouldn't get too bored being in the hospital.

funniest thing...we had a lesson...in MCDONALDS!!!!!! ew..The one place I told myself I would never enter into during my mission...hahahha it went well. We read our scriptures there and talked about John 14. #TestifyErrywhere (:
It was really cool though..because we were all able to feel the spirit! even in McDonalds.

It's so nice to have something that I am familiar with because being in a new area is pretty scary/overwhelming sometimes. So its nice to have the church and the feelings the spirit brings as a CONSTANT in my life.

We met with our less active sister lewis, and it was so cool! because originally we had planned to talk about going to church, praying, and reading the scriptures (CPR) but we did our awesome teamworking skills again--aka Sister Steadman got the kid, I got sister lewis! haha I got to know her and she shared that her husband is not supportive at all with her going to church and reading the Book of Mormon..so change of plans! We read from 1 Nephi 1.
We got to the end and I felt prompted to ask if she knew what a tender mercy was that Nephi was talking about in verse 20. She didn't know what it meant.
So me and sister Steadman shared experiences that have happended on our missions that have been total tender mercies.
I talked about how one day I was having just a really bad and lousy day..we were stopped at a red light and I happened to look out my window and guess what I saw??

a GIRAFFE spray painted on the side of the road(I attached the pictured below)...hahhaha I was like are you serious right now?? hahah heavenly father knows all the small and little things that would make me happy.
Sister Steadman loves to play lacrosse. one P-day she went outside with her companion to the park and in the middle of the field there just happened to be one single lacrosse net!
Being able to see all the tender mercies the Lord puts for us everyday help us realize how much He truly loves, knows, and cares about us! He wants us to be happy.

We went over to another less actives members house..they had the BIGGEST cat I've ever seen!!!!!!!!! He's easily like 40 pounds...no joke!! when we go over next I will take a picture of me holding him...he's HUGE! I laughed so hard when I saw him trying to come down the stairs.............hahhahahah. so funny.. #ILoveFatCats

We went to a legit Mexican food place. ahhh..I was in heaven...so good!!
I decided to make a list as to what constitutes a Mexican restaurant as being legit or not.
here's what I came up with:

-Complimentary WARM chips with spicy salsa
-Spanish music playing in the background
-Hispanic workers
-Mexican stuff errywhere! i.e. Sombreros, donkeys, Spanish words..etc
-colorful plates
-dimmed lights
-BEANS&RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!
-masks and pots on the wall

ahhhh I love me some LEGIT Mexican food(:
All my BYUI peeps reading this...go to the TACO BUS for me!!!! that place is so good(:

I tend to learn the most/grow when things are hard. When it's easy...you don't grow.
I have felt like my mission has been like a refiners fire for me!! Molding and shaping me into who Heavenly Father wants me to be. Look up:
Job 23:10
1 Nephi 20:10
Zech 13:9 and
1 Peter 1:7
Trials and hard times help us get rid of all our impurities and we then can become like GOLD!

"Every challenge you face, every hard thing you confront, every bad thing that happens to you, every unfairness, every conflict, every sadness, every tragedy, every disappointment, every heart-ache, every temptation, and every opposition happens for one purpose: to give you the opportunity to respond by applying n your life the teachings of Jesus Christ. As you do so..you are changed to become more like Him"

Fast Sundays are always the best. A member's testimony was an answer to my parts and part of my fast! yay.

Another member shared something that really stuck out to me. She said the prayer that is ALWAYS answered no matter what..is "Thy will be done. Not mine, but thine"
So powerful. And a good lesson for me to learn. Sometimes I like to do things my way.....but this is NOT my work. This is HIS. And that's such a good reminder of who I represent and what I am doing.

Really cool quote:
(holding up the scriptures)..none of this makes much difference unless it gets inside of you. All of this is only marks on pieces of paper bound together in leather, it has no intrinsic value unless it becomes you"

Sweet right?? let it sink in..

:) K I love you!
love sistermanson



tender mercy 

:) the day we got our car back...haha we were excited!!!!!

:) the day we got our car back...haha we were excited!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment