If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Easy As Possible

I miss Sister Steadman. It was sad to drop her off

But guess who my new companion is??!

SISTER COX! (we were also in the MTC together) hahahaha so crazy huh? :) tender mercy I think.

Literally though..Heavenly Father L.O.V.E.S. meeeeeeeeeee!

He has made things AS EASY AS POSSIBLE for me, in like every new or scary situation, He's always helping me out! My first transfer to a brand new area, my companion is Sister Steadman. My first time taking over an area, I get Sister Cox as my companion to help me! Instead of some brand new sister missionary I've never met before.
(Taking over the area is not even that bad!) :)

Got a letter from Elder Gibson.....ah I'm like so in love with him it's not even funny............hahaha JK(;

Lets be real: boys are pretty much nonexistent in my mind right now, but anyways his letter was sweet! Here's a quote:

"The happiest moments are when we loose ourselves in the work, it is how God and his son are so happy and glorious. They focus all their efforts in the well being of others"

aka US.
And I was reading Hymn 29 and verse 7 stuck out to me.

"The tokens in his hands I knew;
The Savior stood before mine eyes.
He spake, and my poor name he named,
"Of me thou hast not been ashamed.
These deeds shall thy memorial be;
Fear not, thou didst them unto me."

Sweet huh?(: soak that up a little bit...

oh and here's one of my favorite quotes I just found:

"Remember the Lord will have been there before you"
-President Packer


ahh Sister Steadman<3 she's so SNEAKY. gotta love her.
So we went to district meeting on my birthday. I get there and Elder Jorgensen and Elder Goates come in with a pan covered with tin foil, and he's like "I made brownies!"
I was like sweet, brownies are good(: Anyways so we have district meeting and at the very end Sister Cox announces that it's my birthday. hahah I'm like: noooo! I was so close going through without anyone realizing it lol. So everyone sings and they're like good thing we made brownies! Because we didn't even know it was your birthday.
Elder Jorgensen is like "open your brownies up!"
so I do..................and it's a CAKE! that says "Happy Birthday Sister Manson!" with cute hearts and "20" written all over it. haha I was so surprised! He then told me..(and bless her sweet little heart) that Sister Steadman gave him a cake mix and frosting when we were at transfers and told him to make it for me since she couldn't be there and wanted to make sure I had a cake on my birthday. Yeah she's my little BFF #steadmansonforeverrrrr.

And oh man I've only spent like 4 days together with Sister Cox, but we've seen SO MANY MIRACLES. it's been crazy.

K first one:
We went and saw Lori again (one of our investigators) and she answered the door looking all groggy because she had just gotten some neck injections to help with the pain that comes from her neck! We started talking and had to make it kinda short since she wasn't feeling good. We brought up the Book of Mormon and asked if she's read it at all. She said no. Then she said she was going to her parents house the next day to rest and get better. We thought: PERFECT! You can read it while you rest (; haha so we invited her to do so and she said she would. When we left you could actually tell her persona was brighter. She even commented that we always brighten and help her day when we come by......aka THE SPIRIT!

Then we got a text from her the next day saying that she read it and she actually like bore her testimony to us about the bible and the book of Mormon! it was so awesome, she's beginning to understand how the book of Mormon can really bless her life!!

2nd:
Sister Cox had a baptism on Saturday in her previous area (North Philly about an hourish away). We made ride arraignments and everything. It's like 8pm Friday night, and our ride CANCELS on us! We were like seriously? haha not cool.......we said a prayer asking for help and that someone would be able to give us ride so short notice. Right after that we called the Framptons in our ward and they were like "Sure! We would love to." It's pretty humbling how fast and promptly Heavenly Father answers our prayers.
Funny story coming home from the baptism...(I attached the picture so you can visualize it better) So we were driving on Roosevelt Boulevard. Feel free to google more pics of it, because it's pretty a i.n.t.e.n.s.e. freeway. Idk if you guys can tell from the picture but it is HUGE and has 2 three lanes of traffic going north and south, and they are all spaced really weird.
But anyways on our way home Brother Frampton is making a left turn to get onto the lanes. And he turns, he goes into the WRONG entry way!! The one with all the ONCOMING TRAFFIC coming towards us!!!!!! we were like all freaking out! hahaha but luckily there were no cars near us, so we did a quick U turn and got going the right direction.......#PhillyDrivingIsScary!!

3rd:
So Thursday we took Kelly out with us to go see some potentials. We met Sherry who told us to come back Saturday! so we were like sweeeeeet. see you then. So Saturday night rolls around and we take Kelly again with us and we knock on her door..no answer :( we were so bummed! We decided to leave a restoration pamphlet and a sticky note with a note from us on it. We stopped by a few other people but didn't have much success talking to them..We decided to try again at sherry's house some 40mins later....we get to the door and noticed that the pamphlet and note was not on her door anymore! We were like: she's totally home!! She better let us in hahaha. So we knock...she ANSWERS!! #We-In (; and taught a really spiriautal lesson about the restoration, and left her with the book of Mormon and she said she would read it. But dang Kelly's participation and comments she shared was so CRUICAL. If she wasn't there it would have been a completely different lesson. Kelly's religious background is catholic and it just so happened to be that Sherry is...currently ;).....a Catholic!! It was so awesome.


Yesterday at church a member gave a great lesson during relief society so I went up to her to give her a hug and thank her for the lesson. She looks at me and then says she wishes she can have me in an arranged marriage with her son (he's on his mission in Boise, ID right now) hahhahahahhha........very flattering. Thank you(:

ima keep my options open(; hahhahaha..........yeah.

have a good week!
I am 20 now.........gross.

love sistermanson

a old funny picture(;





me and sister cox! 





Sister Manson - She is a blessing
Tonight Sister Manson visited our home, the Seidels. My wife and I are members but my father is not. We invited her and her companion over to provide us with a Family Home Evening. I asked the Sisters to pray about what they would teach/share tonight. They totally followed the Spirit and it was so wonderful for my father (he is 92 but takes no meds and is totally alert). He really enjoyed the time talking with her during the meal and the lesson shared afterward. She is really a super Missionary who follows the Spirit and you can feel it so much.
Thank you so much for supporting and sharing your daughter with us here in PA especially in the Pottstown Ward. We also asked her to share her story as to why she decided to serve a mission (very spiritual story). She truely loves the Lord and follows the Savior. We are so blessed to have her.
Thanks again and God bless.
Barry and Lynne Seidel


No comments:

Post a Comment