If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Don't Be Stagnant People

I'm definitely learning time efficiency on my mission.
We do soooooo many things before its even 11am!
Before my mission most of the time I wasn't even up by then haha.
So I started my new book of Mormon reading schedule. Finish it in 60 days! piece of cake. 9 pages a day(: DONE. challenge accepted. I really want to read the book of Mormon as many times as I can during my mission. My testimony is the only thing standing in the way of satan..gotta make it strong.

Ahh this week was like brutally h.o.t and it didn't help since our AC decided to die...hahah a few nights we were sleeping in 90 degrees...#sweatyyyymess.
The heat is really wearing me down and makes me more tired..but I'm happy so it doesn't matter.

We had a lesson with this lessactive family. They are hilarious. whenever they see me they say "LUUUUUNAA!" haha because apparently li look like Luna from Harry potter? I don't see it...but I just go with it(: and they call sister cox black hahah. I'm a wizard and she's black! good times...
They shared something interesting with us. Why do we go to a hospital?
BECAUSE WE'RE SICKK
That's why we go to church! none of us are perfect, and we all f.a.l.l. s.h.o.r.t. we all need Christ. and to be healed (spiritually) by Him.

Had an awesome dinner with some members of the ward. She shared her conversion story of having to be baptized 6 TIMES!! since she wasn't completely under the water haha. So funny. She shared how she said she never felt the holy ghost when she was meeting with the missionaries. Later she realized that she was feeling it the w.h.o.l.e time but didn't recognize it. Until she prayed to RECOGNIZE the spirit. Duhhh why didn't I think of that?? It was really helpful because we have an investigator going through the same thing!

and she shared another story about when her husband served his mission in Japan. It made me CRY!!! Felt the spirit so strongggg. When he was a missionary, they had just gotten out of a big meeting talking about noticing people and being more kind. There was a man who was drunk and had thrown up on himself. He gave him a handkerchief with a pass-a-long card with the church info and his name on it and walked away. 9 YEARS LATER.....her husband gets a postcard from an elder in Japan thanking him for what he did because that same exact man and his entire family was getting baptized!!!!!!!!!!!! Who later went on to be a bishop...
Our actions definitely affect people...everyone. Take the time to be kind.

I've been studying humility and the main thing about prideful people, is that they forget God. So I made it a goal throughout the weeks to just take some extra time during the days to think about heavenly father and to remember him. Driving in the car is a good place to do it, since we as missionaries don't have a lot of free time.

We had a cute mini missionary with us! She was from Reading, Pa and wanted to have a mission experience so she was with us for 4 days(: Sister Timothy.
They always bring miracles! We stopped by a potential investigator, but he didn't live there anymore. But we were able to talk to the person living there, and he opened up and actually started to tear up as he shared about his best friend passing away recently. We gave him a plan of salvation pamphlet, bore testimony, and set up a return appointment with him!
And then we were walking to another house, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a man sitting on his porch as we past that was in between two houses. Started talking to him and it was clear he wasn't interested..then his kids (all 5 of them) started to appear from the house and they came up to us and started talking! hahah YES. So we were able to talk for like 10 minutes and he's studying religion and just moved here from texas, and is restoring his house. We offered to help! He said he would like that! so we gave him our number and he said he would call us. And our awesome mini missionary helped us find him on facebook! #soproudofher
As missionaries we are PROFESSIONAL stalkers. like no joke..

We had some really good talks in sacrament. The speaker made a living taking care of pools. He noticed that when the water would be stagnant and just sit, it would become dirty and unclean. But as they started to filter it and get it constantly moving it would prevent that from happening. He made a pretty cool parallel to our lives as members of the church. Don't be stagnant! In our callings. In our scripture studies. In our prayers. In our church attendance.
Don't just stand still and not do anything...we have to be actively participating and doing these things, because they prevent us from becoming like that stagnant filthy water. Willing to ACT.


Living this gospel and making it apart of WHO I am, has seriously made me the most happiest I've ever been. It's awesomeeee

I love you(:
sismanson



caught fireflies!! first time in my whole entire life 
seeing them and catching them(:


kendall is adorable. making faces on our way to the park! haha
makes me miss addy!

No comments:

Post a Comment