If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Tuesday, July 1, 2014

To BE

We moved into our new apartment!!
200 maple wood dr
Pottstown, PA 19464

Butttttttt...transfer calls are Friday haha so I may or may not be
there next week.
So if I were you I'd just keep sending stuff to the mission home (:
721 Paxon hollow rd Suite B
Broomall, PA 19008

Moving took all day Saturday. We were exhausted, so many people came
and helped us though, so that was really nice. Our investigator Andrew
came with his truck and saved the day! Our couch wouldn't fit...we
tried so many different ways to get it inside
Front door...
Back door through the kitchen..
Taking the door off..
Rotating it..

Nope.

We've been couch-less for 4 days. #lifeisrough

Sister Cox's fav scripture is 1 Nephi 3:7
"I will go and do the things which The Lord hath commanded.."

Such a good scripture right? Ehh..kinda.
Although it's good to go and do..it's better to BE!

So I've been really focusing on making a "to be" list.
I can't tell you how many times I've made "to do" lists

Buy cereal
Go running
Eat at the taco bus
Black Friday shopping
Read my scriptures
Do my laundry
Go canoeing
Study for my chem test the night before
Blah.. blaah.. blah

But I've never made a "to BE" list before
Who do I want to be? Or I guess a better question who does Heavenly
Father want me to be?
I've read my patriarchal blessing multiple times on my mission, but
never with that filter of focusing on what Heavenly Father wants me to
BE.

So many things stood out to me that have never before!!!! So that was
way cool. You guys should do it too with yours, and I can promise you
that you will know what Heavenly Father expects and wants of you. Our
whole purpose on this earth is to strive BECOME more like Him. I said
this a couple weeks ago, but I just have a strong testimony of that
the gospel of Jesus Christ, is not just something we do...it's who we
ARE. It's a part of us, and helps us to BECOME Christlike.

Don't have a lot of time today, because we went to philly (:

Next week's email will be way better.

Love you and have a good week

Sister Manson

No comments:

Post a Comment