If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Happiest

I'M THE HAPPIEST LITTLE SISTER MISSIONARY on the planet.
My new area is in Morrisville, PA!
My new companion is sister wright
(She reminds me so much of sister steadman! Who's pretty much my other half so we're going to be killing it this transfer!!!)
Yeah. I'm very happy :)

We woke up Wednesday morning and we had no power! Haha greattt. Made some calls and the people said it wouldn't be back on for 2 days! But they must have lied to us because it came on a couple hours later haha #thankyouheavenlyfather

Sister Wrights gps decided to not turn on while we were super far away from home...we tried everything to turn it back on for like 5 minutes. We prayed and then like a minute later it turned back on! #powerofprayer

Okay so I'm in love with Liberians. There are so many here and they all take the gospel so seriously!!! They all melt my little heart.

K this is my new address
171 s. main st. #2
Yardley, PA 19067

I plan on spending a long time in this area haha

Me and sister wright have been working so hard together, and so many good things have already been happening!
We found 8 new investigators this week. We literally have been talking to every single person we see. It's hard and sometimes awkward, but it gets easier the more we do it haha. I made it a goal at the beginning of my mission to do things that make me uncomfortable. Like talking on the phone and to people I don't know...haha and I struggled with it! But I've been able to not only do them but to do them well the more I do it and with heavenly fathers help too. Makes me think of that scripture in ether where it talks about how Heavenly Father will make our weaknesses our strengths.

Had a cool experience this week.
Visited a less active family who just moved here so it was our first time meeting with them. We stopped by and got to know them alittle bit. Things were going good but we could tell something was up...and alittle bit off by the way they'd answered our questions.

I felt prompted to show the because of him video, so I was pulling it up and started talking about it. Immediately one of them says: "go ahead, but it just want to you let you know you are wasting your time with us. You really are"
On the inside I was like ahhh!! Crap.
But on the outside I remained calm haha.
They further went on to share some past experiences they've had with the church and are no longer wanting any part of it anymore.
At that point I was so discouraged and didn't know what to do or say.
I said a quick and quiet prayer in my heart asking for help of what we could do that would help them. We listened alittle bit more and then we showed the video. And I can't even begin to describe to you guys just HOW STRONG the spirit was in that room. I know everyone who was there felt it. At the end we bore our testimony and I said "I know this church is true. And that I can feel the spirit right now, the spirit is here."
So I pointed out that the spirit was here and I know they both felt it, but instantly she jumps up and asks us of we want pie. We accepted haha because we love pie but she totally felt uncomfortable by the spirit! Which made us sad :/ but we're so determined to help them :) I love the gospel. And I love helping other people come closer to Christ through his restored and true church. This is why I'm on my mission.

The gospel makes bad men good, and good men better!!

I love you, have a goodweek!
Love sistermanson



good times :) so happy to be here!!!!

good times :) so happy to be here!!!!

good times :) so happy to be here!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment