If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Monday, July 21, 2014

My heart is BRIM with joy

So many good things are happening here in little morrisville!
First of all...I love it here so much! Me and sister wright are killing it together.
Second of all...we are finding and talking to so many neat and unique individuals. It's amazing.
I've only been here for 13 days and I've seen so many miracles! It's insane...
This is probably by far my favorite transfer.

On Wednesday we had planned to stop by our investigators for like a quick 10 minutes, just to say hi and see how they're doing. Ended up spending an hour there! Showed 2 short Mormon messages about the Spirit with them and they loved it! Talked about its role and then somehow the convo got turned into talking about what happens after we die.the spirit was there...so strong! One of them started to cry..because his dad had passed away. They found a lot of comfort in what we had to say and our testimonies about the plan of salvation.

One of our investigators is in Germany for the summer, so we've been communicating with her via email and skype! The missionaries there are in contact with her so that's pretty cool too.

Thursday was a h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e day.
District meeting...then planned for like 5 hours and then had an appointment with another of our investigators and the spirit was so not there. And instantly knew while we were talking that she wasn't really listening and didn't care. We both got really tongue-tied and that experience helped me realize that I cannot teach without the spirit!! But our night ended good because sister menlove randomly called us (she's our sister training leader--we're assigned 2 sisters who are over us and check up on us) and hearing her voice made me so happy because I love her so much! Me and her get to be companions again for a whole day on Wednesday this week :) SO HAPPY. She's one of my fav people(:
**guarantee so many good things will come from that**

That next morning I read the most amazing-est talk I've ever read.
"The Quest for Joy" by Barbara Workman
I would like to ask all y'all to read this!!!!!!! Here's the linkkk :)


It's amazing and helped me so much especially since having a lame day the day before. Probs gonna read that at least once every week or 2 to remind myself to choose joy.
Here's one of the many quotes I loved:
"These four terms often describe a mission: sufferings, sorrows, afflictions, and incomprehensible joy."
Hahahaha....oh man. So TRUE. Serving a mission is so hard. Like honestly probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my little 20 years of life. But it's been the most rewarding experiences of my life. I can't really describe how full my heart is when somebody accepts the message we're teaching and knows it's true..
in other words alma 26:11 "...my joy is full, yea, my heart is BRIM with joy" :)

We extended 3 baptism invites and they all excepted! September 21!!
The work is so ready and just waiting for us! #readytoharvest

Saturday....met the sweetest man ever. His name is zach. He's had a rough history the past couple months..and as I was looking at him I found myself starting to tear up! Haha I'm so weird..I know. But just as I was looking at him he looked a lot like my brother Frank (just an older scruffier version of him) and oh it just broke my heart! To basically see my brother like that, which reminded me that zach is my brother--spiritually speaking--ALL these people are. It hit me really hard talking to him. And totally changes my perspective and helps remind me that I would do e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. In my power to help if one of my family members were struggling like that and didn't know about the gospel!

Had a lesson with a less active member who is recovering from breast cancer. Her sister(not a member) was there and had SO MANY questions. Literally everything she was saying was exactly what we believed. And all of her questions we could answer :)
Infant baptism?-----> #Moroni8
Why so many churches?----->#JosephSmith #TheGreatApostacy
What happens after we die?--->#PlanOfSalvation
Why do I feel good right now?--->#TheHolyGhost!!!
What is the Book of Mormon?----->#AnotherTestamentOfJesusChrist

We invited her to be baptized(: and she's coming to church next week!
Afterwards me and sister wright RUN to the car, jumping around for JOY. hahaha so much happiness.
"Men are that they might have joy(2nephi2:25)...missionaries are that they might SHARE joy"
(Also taken from the quest for joy talk)

Sunday was a pretty rough day...but that's okay! We were driving around and accidentally missed a turn and ended up right by the Delaware River. And it was so pretty because you could see the city Trenton, New Jersey from where we were. I was like uhhh sister wright I'm pulling over! So I pulled over and we hopped out of the car and walked by the river and sat down on a bench for a good 15 minutes. Being outside in nature automatically makes me feel better! As we sat down on the bench a man walked past us and we said hello and asked where he lives and he said Trenton and kept walking. About 5 mins later he walked back and said "I'm still here" hahahah we leagues and he asked what we were doing...
uhhh we're having a crappy day so we are here :) haha
He had so many questions! About the church and Joseph smith and what he needed to do to join the church. He's from Ethiopia and a super humble man. We got his info and are going to let the missionaries in Trenton know and help them meet with him (since he actually lives outside our mission boundary) basicallyyyyyyyy he's going to be baptized. We gave him a Book of Mormon and taught him the restoration by the river. Greatest lesson ever. And he went on his merry little way. LITERALLY FELT LIKE CRYING AT THAT MOMENT.
#tendermercy
It's so h.u.m.b.l.i.n.g to know that Heavenly Father worked through us to find him. And to top it off I was pretty content and happy just being outside looking at the river and started to feel better..then Heavenly Father provided that experience to happen!! Totally helped me to know and feel that Heavenly Father was proud of me and knows me so well. Testimony builder..I am so grateful to be here serving the people here!

Put those bad days behind ya and seek and choose joy :)
Have a good week
I love you!

Sister Manson



Fishy



No comments:

Post a Comment