If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Monday, December 15, 2014

Good Things Are Happening


Uhh I am very upset...It's halfway through December? Hahaha what the..
Christmas is like next week then it's 2015!

Sooo i have been starting to have small panic attacks about coming
home..I have like 12 weeks left on my mission. That is NOT okay. I'm
happy to see everyone because I really miss you guys haha....but
that's about all I'm excited for.
When we FaceTime each other on Christmas we need to have a real
serious talk about what I'm gonna do when I get home so I don't freak
out haha...because I am starting to.

My mission seriously means everything to me and I am not ready to go.
But I have been thinking about about these next 2 transfers I have on
my mission and I have some really good goals and plans and things I
want to do. I am going to do another Book of Mormon challenge because
I love it so much. I have a clean mini red Book of Mormon that I am
going to read 11 chapters a day to finish by January 9. I am
highlighting yellow for christ and blue for faith. I really want to
stay more about having faith in Jesus Christ and what that truly
means. I only got to chapter 4 today of 1 nephi....but oh man I have
learned so much already and felt the spirit very strong teaching and
helping me strengthen my faith.
Something that I struggle a lot with is my confidence.
And that is something I have been studying recently along with faith and hope.
Sister Bennett and I always have really good conversations about these topics :)

I found something super sweet in my studies this week.
But remember my #belikethemoon motto? I learned a new meaning for it.
I was studying confidence and I found this scripture
D&C 121:45 "..let they confidence WAX STRONG in the presence of God"
super cool right, but I had no idea what the heck the word "wax"
meant..so I defined it.
it means to increase in size--like how the moon waxes into a full moon!
Something to point out is that when the moon waxes it does it
gradually..not all at once.
🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
So that is something I am going to remember now when I look at the
moon: to try to wax brighter in my confidence & shine bright. And to
not let myself wane(another moon term for the opposite effect)

#belikethemoon--ah I love it.
Also as we have charity and faith our confidence waxes strong.

A couple weeks ago I wrote about a girl named Tatyana. Do you remember
her? ((We met her and invited her to come to church but we got there
to ride the subway with her and she wasn't there but we were able to
meet dasse at the subway instead miraculously! -That's a brief summary
of her))

Well accidentally we stopped by her house again Saturday. A less
active member used to live there and we forgot to make note of that so
we stopped by again but remembered that's where Tatyana lived so we
were like sweet! We knock on the door and she was there! She is so
sweet and we showed her "he is the gift" and she loved it. Also gave
her the Book of Mormon and she is going to read it and we're meeting
with her again Tuesday.

GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING HERE.

I just love how Heavenly Father works(:
I also have a goal to write in my journal everyday..sooo hold me
accountable to that.

I hope everyone is having a good CHRISTmas season
Don't get caught up in the craziness of it all.
remember He is the gift.

I love you!!
Sister Manson

No comments:

Post a Comment