If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Monday, December 8, 2014

Spiritual gifts 101

 


Um it's almost Christmas...haha what the.


We had such a good week.

I'm grateful for Heavenly Father allowing me to struggle and feel alittle inadequate because it always helps remind me to turn to him.

That's how I would sum up this past week.

Fast Sunday's are always just what I need. I was also fasting for things I can be doing more or better at. I had the thought to really study and dive into Christ's life and get to really know Him better, I felt like I strayed abit and got caught up in other gospel principles. During relief society the lesson was ALL about christ and how we can better know Him. I was like whoa! Perfect, thanks Heavenly Father for helping me get started.

Sister Bennett is seriously the best. I hope we will be together for her last transfer.
We taught for zone training about spiritual gifts and our hearts. It was awesome. Spirit was strong and a lot of the missionaries came up afterwards and thanked us a lot for it.
We have all been blessed with spiritual gifts!
Here's a tid bit of what we shared.

"Let us review some of these less-conspicuous gifts: the gift of asking; the gift of listening; the gift of hearing and using a still, small voice; the gift of being able to weep; the gift of avoiding contention; the gift of being agreeable; the gift of avoiding vain repetition; the gift of seeking that which is righteous; the gift of not passing judgment; the gift of looking to God for guidance; the gift of being a disciple; the gift of caring for others; the gift of being able to ponder; the gift of offering prayer; the gift of bearing a mighty testimony; and the gift of receiving the Holy Ghost"
The unexamined life is not worth living” (“Apology,” The Dialogues of Plato, trans. Benjamin Jowett, Chicago: Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1952, p. 210). It is up to each of us to search for and build upon the gifts which God has given us" (Marvin j Ashton)
A prerequisite for seeking after the gifts of the spirit may require that we find out which gifts we already have been given."
Read your patriarchal blessing and identify your spiritual gifts you already have and seek more!


Sis Bennett came up with this goal of inviting seriously 100 people to be baptized this week. About 15 everyday.
At first I was like.....uhhhh okay. But The more she kept talking about it the more excited I got and was able to feel the spirit.
Today is our first day, it's our preparation day and barely 3pm and we already shared alittle about the restoration and invited 4 people to be baptized!!
It's amazing what happens when you're desperate president.

One last thing, my zone leaders in my last area promised us that if we were to bare our testimony about Jesus Christ, we'd find a family to teach. I love "He is the Gift" so much because it is a good reminder to do so. And as we have done that and talked to a lot of people, sister Bennett and I have been able to find 2 families! Work is picking up. I am grateful for the
"he is the gift" many miracles around the world in every mission are happening I bet. We're seeing them later today!

Read this talk of you have time...saved and changed my life.
"What it means to know christ"
September ensign 1974

I love you!
Sister Manson







Ice tea a stranger gave us....hahaha 

It was a long day...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment