If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Friday, December 5, 2014

I'm grateful for YOU.

Uhh it's December? What the...

Here's my gratitude list I promised. No particular order except the first three:

1 Jesus Christ
2 My mission--Seriously means everything to me & has changed my life
3 Alma 26:27
4 Mountains
5 Family history
6 The restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ
7 Not having to look both ways on a one way streets
8 Chinese food...aka fortune cookies
9 Chinese people
10 Living in the city
11 Riding the subway
12 Gum
13 A companion who knows how to drive in the snow
14 David Archuleta singing "Glorious" from "Meet the Mormons"
15 Companions who help my grammar
16 My mission president
17 Guidance from them Holy Ghost
18 Light
19 General Conference
20 My family
21 Kinder chocolate from Germany
22 Listening to others play the piano & sing
23 Feeling the Spirit because of that
24 Repentance
25 Raking leaves
26 Ugly-thrift-store-below-the-knee missionary skirts
27 Whenever my companions hold me back from stepping into the road when a car's coming
28 Flossers
29 Painting with water colors
30 Salt
31 People sharing their testimonies to me
32 Morrisville, PA
33 Swimming laps in a pool
34 Pretzels
35 Folk style hymns
36 All my missionary buddies: Elder Manson, Hermana Jones, Hermana Harper, Elder Lewis, Sister Steadman, Sister Menlove, Sister Cox, Sister Bailey, Sister Handy, Sister Wright, Sister Holt, Sister Winters, Sister Ririe, Sister Wiser, Sister Cost, Sister Bennett.
37 Chocolate chip cookies
38 Joseph & Emma Smith
39 Sacred experiences with my fellow sister missionaries..the spirit of discernment is real.
40 The Place family
41 The sun
42 The moon
43 The stars
44 THE BOOK OF MORMON
45 Missionary humor
46 Sisters who actually do their visiting teaching
47 Hearing what other people are grateful for
48 Heated seats in the car
49 Water/Amusement parks
50 My nametag
51 The number 100
52 Giraffes
53 Actually..all God's creatures-except spiders
54 Prayers
55 Going to the Chatfields for dinner every single week
56 Sister Chatfield using sour cream in everything
57 How the gospel can make bad men good & good men better #davidomckay
58 Not statues
59 Peter the Apostle
60 Sushi
61 Pottstown, PA
62 Sketchy places to eat
63 Priesthood blessings
64 Pizzapizzapizzapizza
65 Cat jokes---> what do you call a pile of cats??***
66 The many cultures here in Pennsylvania
67 Cemeteries
68 Running shoes
69 Hope
70 Curry
71 Scripture language---> notwithstanding, nevertheless, for behold, and it came to pass
72 The many murals on the sides of buildings
73 Mailmen
74 Sunflowers
75 Mesa, Arizona Temple
76 "Mormon Messages"
77 Trains
78 Balloons
79 Being able to share the gospel on Facebook
80 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Temple
81 BYU-Idaho
82 Preach My Gospel
83 Pretty tape
84 My kazoo
85 Kathie & Carmelina
86 Rainy days
87 The color green
88 The hymn "Ye Who Are Called to Labor" sung to the tune of "If You Could Hie to Kolob"
89 My glasses
90 Bishops & Stake Presidents
91 Oreos
92 Girls Camp
93 Philly slaaaaang "actin outta pocket"
94 Parallel parking
95 Beanies/warm hats
96 Turning out
97 Tithing
98 Sacrifices from previous generations of the church
99 Service
100 Patience from Heavenly Father with me

*** A MEOWntain

Hahah so funny.
Okay weeks just keep getting better and better here in this city.
We washed and vacuumed our car today at a super ghetto car wash place...I applied hand sanitizer immediately following it.


We had a good thanksgiving! Went over to the tabers and made pies and had a brunch, then saw some other Ward members.







 Went on exchanges this week with sister cox and sister winters. It was so cool being with sister cox again, it just felt like we were companions(: we teach really well together and we found this awesome and prepared woman who they are now going to start teaching. We taught the restoration and she shared how we were meant to be there that day because the day before her brother in law passed away, and she felt the spirit so strong! Sister winters is adorable. She is a brand new missionary and is just on fire about sharing the gospel! I felt bad though, it's her frist exchange and 2 people like flat out yelled at us when we tried talking to them...haha whatever though! The church is true and that's all that matters.
I hope you have seen "he is the gift" video that the church has put out. Me and sister Bennett found 4 new investigators last night from showing it and giving them that opportunity to feel the spirit. So incredible too because throughout the whole day we shared it and people were not having it! Didn't want to talk to us and were rude..but then the last people we talk to, these 4 girls Watched and wanted us to come back. <---- this is why I'm here to find those people who need the gospel. There are a lot of crazies here in Philly, but as me and sister Bennett are being literally DESPERATE to share the gospel Heavenly Father guides us to people who need us and need Him.

We had a missionary leadership council and I saw sister steadman, sister menlove, and sister Howard , sister ricks and sister Clark also. Like all of my favorite people :) we talked about really good things! About our hearts how they can be hard, soft, turned, changed, past feeling, how Heavenly Father looks at our hearts and spiritual gifts and some other things like family history and the temple. Me and sister Bennett are going to be training our entire zone about hearts and spiritual gifts. Keep me in your prayers I can teach well to these awesome missionaries haha.

It snowed alittle, but not much. I'm lucky here in the city it's like way behind winter schedule! Haha Heavenly Father loves me. It's like 60 degrees right now. But throughout the week it was like in the 30s..coooooold.

I haven't gotten sick yet! Yay and I don't plan on it

I love you! I'm going on exchange this week with sister Bailey and sister petrick. I'm excited!
I have been praying and studying about the gift of discernment, and Heavenly Father has totally hooked me up, because I am able to say things that are exactly what each of these sisters need to hear. It's quite humbling to see the lord work through and use me, little ol sister Manson.

Have a good week! Go watch he is the gift video! Share it and think of ways how you can better discover, embrace and share that great gift of our savior Jesus Christ.

{sister.manson}



No comments:

Post a Comment