If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work. {Come Unto Christ}


Monday, September 29, 2014

So Inconvenient

This last week of the transfer has been grrrrrrrrreat ;)
I literally am so happy here in morrisville.
They continue to be too good to me!!
Me and sister hall are staying in the area and we're getting a third companion!
Haha back in a trio again.
Sister hall goes home after this up coming transfer :(
Her 18 months is UP.
we're going to have the most fun this transfer and see 100 miracles :)

Last pday we FLEW A KITE!
On the Delaware River.
I was in heaven, so fun :)

We made homemade PIZZA with Carmelina
(and you all know just how much I LOVE pizza...)
Literally the best pizza I've ever had.
I put so much cheese and these orange little tomatoes grown from her garden.

We've been going BANNER crazy over here.
We made 3 banners this week and making one more today haha.
We made a happy birthday banner for Kathie(she turned 72!) a happy baptism banner for Kathie and Carmelina, and a ROSH HASHANA banner for our Jewish investigator :) we love everyone. And the one we're making today is a welcome banner for our new companion!

We took Kathie to the temple site down in Philadelphia.
I want you to imagine a 72 year old driving us down in center city philly in a sweet red jeep(:
That was us!! Hahaha I love her.
The spirit on the site is so strong and sweet.
She absolutely loved it.

Our district meeting was all about the Book of Mormon. I loved it so much.
The Book of Mormon is so special and important to me.
So grateful to have it in my life.
I used to take it so much for granted..but now I am reading it every.single.day.
And will read it every.single.day even after my mission.
I know we have ALL had spiritual experiences with the Book of Mormon.
Please go pick it up and read it if you haven't on awhile or today yet :)

We cleaned the baptism font to prep for Kathie and Carmelina's baptism!
There were too many spiders....
I've killed 100s of spiders out here in the east coast during this summer....so happy for winter! They will all be deadddddd. That's about the only thing I'm looking forward to the winter haha..

Me and sister hall went running in the pouring RAIN! #heaven
It's starting to get cold over here.....,pulled out a sweater!
The leaves are changing and already falling. Winter is cominggggg

Sooo Kathie and Carmelina's baptism was probably the most sweetest and tenderest baptism on my mission!
Don't get me wrong, I've loved everyone I've helped teach and prep for baptism.
But for Kathie and Carmelina I've been with them from the very beginning!
Seen and taught them for the very first time and saw them all the way to baptism.
That's something really special!
Either I catch the tail end of someone prepping for baptism (like Etta, bradley, kelly, and rebecca and Stan) or start them on the road to baptism and then get transferred before they're baptized (jessi)
So Kathie and Carmelina are the very first I've been able to be here for the whole thing.
Not that that really matters...but it's just cool to be able to see and experience the whole thing from start to finish. And they keep going! On to the temple.

The church is true!
I hope you all enjoyed the women's broadcast! So good :)
Loved the 10 virgin story.
"Daily drops of preparation"

We read this talk called "The Inconvenient Messiah" by Jeffery r holland.
First of all you can already tell how awesome the talk is by the title, and it's by holland!! My favorite apostle <3
Me and sister hall have really been talking about this subject a lot: being convenient verses inconvenient. And boy does this help me understand more of how satan works. It talks about something similar to this in my patriarchal blessing. He is just soooo subtle. If you look and study Christ's life, you will see how inconvenient his life truly was. And elder holland focuses on the story where satan tempts christ during his 40 day fast. It would have been easy for him to turn stone to bread and to do the things satan was tempting him with. But we see from our savior's is life that most of the times we need to be doing the inconvenient.
It's easy to not pay our tithing.
It's easy to sleep in and not go to church.
It's easy to go weeks without opening and reading our scriptures or praying.
It's easy to slack off and be idle.
It's easy to not go to meetings.
It's easy to give into temptations.

This has been a huge thing I've learned on my mission.
I can be a convenient missionary.
Or I can be an inconvenient missionary.

But I am here and we are here to do the inconvenient. To do what's hard so we can grow.
A quote from the talk
"If sometimes the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who ever lived"

I really like this quote..don't know who it's by...
"Christ chooses his followers when they're moving, and satan chooses his while they're idle"

Ask yourself if you are being a convenient follower and disciple of Christ or an inconvenient one.

One last quote I want to end with:

"As you labor to know him(christ) and to know that he knows you; as you invest your time-and inconvenience-in quiet unassuming service, you will indeed find that 'his angels [have] charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up'"


I love you!
Sister Manson


my favorite food place


So I'm kinda obsessed with bricks....but here's why!
"Making bricks isn't easy. They are put under intense heat. I learned that people are like bricks..life is a fierce furnace of trials. But we can emerge rock solid, with a testimony strong enough for others to build on."

No comments:

Post a Comment